Finding time to exercise and relax each day can be difficult. But, if you can find just one hour per day, yoga provides an excellent opportunity to combine exercise, relaxation, and personal development into one experience.
Beginners may want to try starting with a yoga DVD or a local class to learn proper techniques. After developing a routine, you can always transition to more advanced classes, DVDs, or books to help you deepen your yoga practice.
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your yoga practice:
- If you are not very flexible, look for yoga props to help you ease into your new practice.
- Wear comfortable loose-fitting clothing to maximize comfort.
- Choose a yoga style that fits your personality, desires, and lifestyle. Hatha is an excellent type of yoga to begin with if you are a beginner.
- If you take a class, make sure you find a yoga instructor that you like that has a personality and teaching style that is compatible with your own.
- Be aware of the sensations you feel while practicing yoga, and learn to differentiate between a comfortable stretch and discomfort.
What are your favorite yoga DVDs?
|© Submit to Any - jjtcomputing.co.uk|